Monday, January 9, 2012

Eggless chocolate cup cakes!!!


It is a great challenge for me to bake eggless cakes. This time for thanksgiving (Nov 2011) I had a bunch of friends who were vegetarians. I decided to try baking eggless cup cakes (Cup cakes I thought would be easier especially since they might hold together easier than the regular round cakes). I searched some online websites for ideas and compiled many ideas and succeeded in baking my first ever eggless cup cakes. I think my friends who tried it can vouch for it:)

You will need:

1.5 cups Pillsbury Unbleached All purpose flour
3 tbsp Baking cocoa (powder)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1.25 cups sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp white vinegar

Method:

Preheat the oven at 350 F

Mix the all the above ingredients in a container. Beat it well till it forms a smooth paste without any lumps.

Pour slowly into muffin tray and bake for 25 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool it before decorating it with frosting/icing.

Eggless cup cakes are ready to relish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment