Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spinach Dal!!

SPINACH DAL!

This is a very easy recipe. I really didn't know what to make from the spinach I bought and my aunty (mom's sister) taught me this simple delicious recipe.
You will need:
1 bunch spinach leaves
2.5 cups toor dal
1 cup chopped tomato
1 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped garlic
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
Method:
First cook the toor dal in a pressure cooker adding 1 tsp salt and turmeric powder.
Chop the spinach leaves and keep it aside.
Transfer the dal into a pot and add the chopped onions. chopped garlic, chilli powder, chopped tomato and cook for about 5 minutes. Finally add the chopped spinach leaves to this and cook for 3 to 4 minutes till the spinach gets cooked. Add salt to taste.
The Spinach dal is ready to be relished.It goes very well with white rice!!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Archana! It's Katie from class. If I wanted to make some of these foods, is there a specialty store I need to buy some of the ingredients at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie, sorry for seeing your comment late..
    Yes sure, you can get all the ingredients from Indian Grocery stores like the Bharat Bazaar, India town or even Gandhi International near our university. Let me know if you are looking at some particular ingredient you want to buy and I can may be bring it for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete