Monday, July 30, 2012

Kale Chips!


I happened to taste Kale for the first time this summer. Then one of my colleague suggested I could try making kale chips and they taste heavenly. So I bought a fresh bunch of Kale, chopped them and baked them in the oven. And since then, Kale has become my weakness and I have been making these kale chips atleast thrice a week. It is very easy and quick to make.

You will need:
A large bunch of kale/ Chopped packaged kale
1/4 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch of  pepper powder

Method:
Preheat the oven at 350 F.
Chop the Kale into desired size (larger the better) and place them in a mixing bowl. To this add olive oil, chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well until all the chopped pieces get coated well.
Marinate it for about 5-10 minutes.
Places these marinated chunks in  a baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Keep checking to see they don't get burned/charred.

Yummy crispy kale is ready to be relished!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment