Sunday, December 12, 2010

Capsicum sabzi with gram flour!!!!


This is supposed to a very famous mangalore dish. I tried it at one of my Konkani friend's house. I had invited a friend over last Sunday for lunch when I decided to try making this. I was nervous as I was making it for the first time and I was cooking for someone other than for myself and my husband. But it came out real good, my friend loved it !!!

You will need:
4 Capsicums ( bell peppers- mix the different colored peppers)
3/4 cup gram flour( basan)
2 green chillies
Mustard and jeera for tampering
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
Salt to taste
1 tsp
Red chilli powder if you prefer more spice

Method:
Chop the capsicum into small pieces and keep it aside.
In a pan , heat one tsp oil and add mustard and jeera( cumin) . When they start to splutter add the chopped onions and cook till it gets transparent. To this add the chopped capsicum and cook till about half done. ( cook at low flame for 5 minutes. ) once it is half cooked add the gram flour and mix it well so that all the capsicum pieces get coated well. Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes till the flour gets cooked.

Capsicum sabzi is ready to be relished!!!! Goes best with rotis..

No comments:

Post a Comment