Friday, November 26, 2010

Pumpkin pie with rasberry toppings!!!



This thanksgiving we were at home relaxing , so I decided to bake a pumpkin pie with the pumpkin I picked from the cardigan farm during Halloween. It was as fresh as it was then , hard and sturdy!! I got the recipe from a friend of mine. The grocery stores were all closed for me to buy the crust mix, so I decided to make my own crust as I had my friend's recipe! So there it was after about an hour and half , the yummy pumpkin pie !! My husband and I ate the whole pie that evening:-)

You will need:

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 unsalted butter sticks(chilled)
3/4 cup ice cold water
1 tsp salt
2 cups fresh pumpkin puree( or cannned)
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp nutmeg powder



Method:

Make 1/4 inch pieces of the chilled butter sticks and add it to the all purpose flour in a large bowl and mix well. To this add ice cold water and kneed it well adding salt. Cover it with a plastic cover and refregerate it for 20 minutes.

In a large bowl beat 2 eggs and to this add the pumpkin puree ( recipe below), and the remaining spices and brown sugar and mix well.

Preheat the oven to 450F
Take the dough out of the refregerator and on lightly floured surface roll it out into a large disc of 1/2 inch thickness . Place this disc in a pie making dish press the edges along the dish. Into this pour the pumpkin puree mixture. Place it in the oven and bake it at 450F for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350F and bake it for another 45 minutes. Top it with any frah fruits you may have while baking.


Pumpkin pie is ready to relish!!!!

Making fresh pumpkin puree:
Cut out the pumpin into two halfs. Preheat the oven to 425 F and bake the pumpkins for 30 minutes. Then peel the skin out and make the puree using the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment