Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stuffed capsicum(bell pepper)!!!!



STUFFED CAPSICUM!!!

This is my grandmother's recipe. We used to relish this stuffed capsicum she made for us then.She used to steam them after stuffing the peppers with the mixtures but I tried baking them in the oven. It took about 30 minutes to cook at 425F.

You will need:

Two medium sized green bell peppers(capsicum)
1 cup gram flour
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1tsp red chilli powder
1tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup water.
salt to taste

Method:

Take a pot and mix the gram flour ,chopped onions,red chilli powder,turmeric powder, salt,water and make it into think paste.Keep it aside.
Make two longitudinal slits (perpendicular to eachother)on the bell peppers so that it nicely opens like a flower.
Fill the peppers with the stuffing mixture and bake them in the oven at 425F for about 30 minutes.

The stuffed capsicum is ready !!! It can be relished as it as or can be served as side dish with rice !

3 comments:

  1. That looks soooo good. I love bell peppers so I'm sure I'd really like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing ,next time when I make it will pack some for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete