Friday, August 13, 2010

Asian Sweet Potato fry!!!



This was a very common dish at my grandmother's place while we were young. I loved these sweet potato fries. I was actually missing eating them after I came to US ,as the sweet potatoes that American grocery store have is way too differnt from Asian sweet potatoes. These sweet potatoes have an orange colour and way too sweeter than the ones we get back home. I got hold of the Asian sweet potato last week at an Asian market. I decided to try the fries I loved since childhood. It did come out really good and tasted heavenly !!!

You will need:

1 large Asian sweet potato( color of its skin looks pinkish red)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste

First peel the skin of the sweet potato and slice it into pieces. Into a bowl mix chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt . To this add the sweet potato slices and coat each slice well with the mixture. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.

Now take a pan and heat 1 tbsp of oil . Place the sweet potatoes one by one and shallow fry them until they turn orange red colour. Fry both sides properly.Add more oil while frying if needed.

The sweet potato fries are ready to be relished!!! They go best with curd rice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment